Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

VeganMoFo Day 25! Beyond Meat with Brown Rice & Beans!

Today is Day 1 of getting back on track with my fitness routine. I'm so glad to be done with that stupid cold that held me back for that week and a half and threw my whole workout schedule off. There's nothing worse than having to start all over again when you just started an intense program. Trust me, I went through this when I was in the midst of the wildly popular Insanity program. But, I know I can do this so I'm pressing forward and giving Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer program, my full effort. Here's what I ate today to keep my body fueled:

Tofu scramble & Coffee for breakfast.

Perfect Fit Protein & Chocolate Zico post workout.


Soaked almonds, strawberries, and bananas with peanut butter  for snack.

Yay! So happy I snatched this up! It's a big bag of Beyond Meat. The Whole Foods close to my church sold this to me, which was great because the last Whole Foods I went to would only sell it to me through their marinated Beyond Meat salad. 

Beyond Meat Chick'n Salad with mixed greens, kale, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, red onions, avocado, raw zucchini, chia seeds, hemp seeds and topped with squeezed lemon, apple cider vinegar, and a little maple syrup. 


Raw bites for afternoon snack. 

Dinner was layered with brown rice, beyond meat, red beans, avocado,  and salsa with a side of steamed broccoli. 

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of beyound meat before. What is it made from? All your food looks so delcious. I did Insanity before and got sick a lot. I think it was because I wasn't eating enough calories. Since we are vegan I guess we have to eat a little more to fuel our bodies and I wasn't doing that. I also did the LiveFit trainer but didn't eat as clean as I should. I saw great results but I know I would have seen more if I would ate properly. Good luck to you. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! Here is the link to Beyond Meat: http://beyondmeat.com/. It's gluten free, which I love. I didn't eat like I should have when I did Insanity either, so I didn't get the desired results I wanted. But, I did feel stronger. I hope to have better success with the livefit trainer.lol That's funny that we ended up doing the same programs.

      Delete
  2. I know huh and that we are both vegan as well. :) I try to stay away from meat alternatives but I will have to check it out and see what it's all about. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...