Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vegan MoFo Day 10! Quinoa Pancakes for breakfast!

Quinoa pancakes??? Yes, I said it. Quinoa pancakes are amazing! Talk about a protein packed breakfast. I love making these pancakes after a tough workout, because I get the protein and nutrients I need to fuel my body. I was introduced to these earlier this year by Tone It Up and SelfMagazine.com. I, of course, had to make some substitutions to the original recipe but these still came out better than expected. For some reason the link for the actual recipe isn't working so here is what I can remember from when I last made these:

1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of cooked Quinoa
1/2 mashed banana
1/4 cup of ground flax seed
1/4 cup of non-dairy milk
Dash of cinnamon

Mash your banana first and then add all of your other ingredients. Mix well and form into little pancakes. Add your pancakes into a heated pan and cook until golden. Top your quinoa pancakes with sliced bananas, crumbled walnuts, and pure maple syrup. Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...