Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chickpea & Quinoa Dinner. Vegan Mofo Day 3!

Sometimes I come up with the yummiest meals when I'm hungry and I can't think of what to make. This often makes me get super creative when trying to make something fresh and new for dinner. If you check my facebook page then you know I use chickpea patties for lunch and dinner every week. It's best to make a big batch of them, because you can freeze them up and thaw when needed. I have a recipe from the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan, but there's plenty of recipes online if you're not a part of their plan. For this dinner I wanted to make something quick, because I was starving and didn't feel like waiting a long time for a hot meal, so this recipe will be nice and quick. I mashed up two chickpea patties and cooked them in a pan for a few minutes. I added some pasta sauce and stirred the mixture until the sauce done. Then I threw in some broccoli and let simmer a few minutes. I scooped up this goodness and poured it over some leftover quinoa and topped it all with parsley and nutritional yeast. This came out even better than I thought it would. Yay, score one for new recipe! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...