Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Vegan MoFo Day 1!

Woo Hoo! Day 1 of Vegan MoFo (vegan month of food) is here! I'm starting the week off with something most of us start with...Breakfast! I love all types of breakfast foods, especially pancakes...mmm pancakes. Breakfast burritos are also a favorite of mine and I love ordering them when I'm on the go or making them for a Saturday morning brunch. The breakfast burrito below was a team effort. I cooked all the goodies going inside the burrito and my hubby swooped in to wrap them up nice and tight. Okay, let's get to it! I chopped some potatoes, rubbed them with a little olive oil, seasoned them, and spread them on top of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes. While the potatoes cooked up, I took out some tofu and veggies. After chopping the veggies and squeezing the water out of the tofu, I added the veggies to a pan and sauteed them until they got a little soft. I crumbled the tofu on top and continued mixing until the tofu was finished. Once the food was ready, my hubby warmed up some tortillas in the microwave and laid them out. He likes to use two tortillas for better wrapping but you certainly can stick with one if two is too much for you. Next, he layered the tortillas with the potatoes, tofu scramble, fresh spinach, salsa and guacamole. And lastly, he wrapped up the burritos and quickly handed me mine, after watching me salivate. Yum! It was so delicious. :-) What do you like to put in your burritos?

Tofu Scramble with green peppers, tomatoes, red onions, and portobello mushrooms. 



An almost perfect wrap. Some of the burrito insides did spill out, but it was just the condiments, so the good stuff was still inside. :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...