Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

VeganMoFo Day 18! Jackfruit & Chickpea Mini Loaves!

Along with the new workout program I've started they also have some great recipes that you can veganize. One of the recipes is a turkey meatloaf muffin. Since this program is focused on clean eating I knew I didn't want to use a processed meat substitute but I couldn't figure out what I could use instead...then it clicked...Jackfruit! Great meat substitute without all the crazy chemicals and processing. Since jackfruit doesn't have a lot of protein I decided combine it with some chickpea patties I had in the freezer. Here is the link to the original recipe: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm. Besides replacing the meat I pretty much followed the recipe exactly, except I used refrigerated mustard instead of dry,  no celery, and chili powder instead of chipotle pepper. I didn't know if they would be too dry so I added a tiny little bit of a sweet and spicy sauce that I had on hand. The results were better than I expected. I might add a little more sauce next time but these are a great little meal to take on the go.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...