Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Warm Brown Rice Salad Recipe & Tone It Up Check In

Hey everyone! Today for my booty call I did The Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga. I had a tofu scramble and some potatoes for breakfast.

For my workout I did the Bodyrock workout from yesterday: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2012/01/04/day-3-of-the-30-day-challenge-international-love-workout/. After my sweaty workout I had my usual Peanut Butter Protein Shake. For a snack I had a home made protein bar with half a grapefruit. Here's my lunch and new quick recipe for you guys.

Warm Brown Rice Salad

Brown Rice
Black Beans
1 Avocado
1 Medium Tomato
1/2 Medium Red Onion
1/2 Cup Green Onion
2 Limes
2 Lemons
Handful of fresh parsley (optional)
Handful of fresh cilantro (optional)
Herbamare or Salt (optional)
Pepper (optional)

I chopped my veggies, threw them into a bowl, and squeezed some fresh lime and lemon on top of them. I sprinkled some herbamare and black pepper on top, stirred it until the veggies were mixed well with the lime & lemon, and popped it in the fridge for an hour. You can let this overnight or prepare right before lunch or dinner. I used leftover brown rice and black beans to add in. I heated them up 10 minutes before taking out the veggies. When everything was done I mixed them together and chowed down! :-)







3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's looks so yummy! And it's exactly the right stuff for my New Year's resolutions 2012 ;-) Thanks for that!!! Greetings from germany* Jenny* www.nur-gesunde-sachen.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...