Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Last Week of My 30 day Bodyrock Challenge!

Wow! It's really hard to keep up with your blog, facebook page, twitter page, and youtube vlog...and the rest of your life.lol I just looked at the date of my last post and shook my head. I have to keep on track with my post. Not just for the sake of posting but because I love to write and this is where it all started with my vegan journey. So, anyway I've been really rocking this month's challenge from Tone It Up & Bodyrock. The workouts have been amazing and I'm feeling stronger everyday. There have been some slip ups with the food, but I try not to beat myself up about it. I love eating healthy and fueling my body but sometimes I do just want to indulge a little. So, if I do slip up, I just know that I have to work harder the next day to make up for it. I'm wondering how the rest of you guys deal with the slip ups. Morning workout was Tone It Up's "Beach Babe Workout."

This morning for breakfast (Meal 1) I had the Tone It Up Quinoa Cereal.
Here's the link to recipe: http://toneitup.com/blog.php?We-LOVE-Food-Friday-Home-made-Maple-Quinoa-Cereal-From-EyeItTryIt-5149. I love this stuff! :-)


For Meal 2 I had some kale chips and home made trail mix with: almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and unsweetened dried cranberries. Very happy to be able to use my dehydrator again. This time I used it for the cranberries.


For Meal 3 I had I burrito with black & kidney beans, brown rice, avocado, tomatoes, and lime juice. I had a salad on the side.

This meal was delicious and I was nice and full. I love brown rice and beans. They go together with almost everything...almost. ;-) Afternoon workout was Bodyrock's "Rock Star Booty Workout."

For my Meal 4 I thought I would celebrate Peanut Butter Day with a Tone It Up peanut butter protein shake. I didn't know there was such a holiday as Peanut Butter Day, but apparently there is. Whatever, peanut butter is delicious so I'll celebrate it any time they want me to.


For dinner I had a scrumptious quinoa bowl. I had some leftover quinoa and beans and layered them with some onions & peppers my hubby sauteed, some lettuce, and fresh guacamole. Yum!
I hope everyone had a great day today. Keep up with your workouts and eat the best food to fuel your body. :-)

2 comments:

  1. hi was wondering if you could advise on how to make the quinoa stick for the quinoa cereal? when i made it, it was very hard to chew and didn't stick together like yours in the picture. Maybe you could make a video of how to make it :)

    Thanks,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...next time try making sure you flip the quinoa half way through baking. I sometimes also like to leave it in longer than the time they give you, because the crisper you can get it, the better the crunch when you have it as cereal.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...