Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Vegan shrimp and brussels sprouts for dinner!

Made some dinner last night and it was yummy.

I baked some vegan breaded shrimp from Sophie's Kitchen, cooked some brown rice, and brussels sprouts. Now I know that not too many people like brussels sprouts but I love them. My mom used to make me eat them when I was little and at first I wasn't into the sprouts but she sprinkled some black pepper and some vinegar on them and I was hooked. Brussels sprouts have fiber, protein, and vitamin C. They also contain sulforaphane, a chemical believed to have potent anticancer properties. So, please check them out and season them however you like...just make sure you don't give up on them! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...