Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chicken-less Chicken Panini

Mmm...I love paninis. Yesterday, after hours of being in the hot blazing sun, I was completely famished and so I decided to throw together a sandwich...but not just any sandwich...a very creamy, crispy, deliciously flavorful panini. I've had a George Forman grill for a few years now and regretfully I have to admit that I haven't used it yet to make a panini. Don't ask why because I just don't have an answer for you. But, now I have finally put my panini grilling machine to use. 
The right one looks a little bruised lol but it was very yummy.


I sauteed this vegan chicken breast in the pan for a few minutes and added in the tomato basil sauce that came with it. I probably should have chopped it up before adding it to the sandwich to make it easier to munch on but, you live and you learn.
I saw this quick mayo recipe while watching Giada on the Food Network. I used vegenaise, fresh basil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and some pepper. I wasn't sure if using mayo on a hot sandwich would work but it tasted pretty good. 
Now, I love me some daiya cheese but the shredded factor doesn't really go well when applying to a toasted sandwich, so I went with these single slices instead. They melted quite nicely. 
Some sun dried tomatoes.

Yummity yum yum! I can't wait to dabble more in the panini world and munch on some sandwich goodness. Don't be like me and wait too long to use your Forman grill for paninis. Try it at least once and I'm sure you'll be whipping up new sandwiches every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...