Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hummus!

I don't know why it has taken me so long to make my own hummus. My husband and I eat hummus and pita bread almost every week.lol So, I guess it only seems right to save some money and just make my own...plus I had this huge bag of garbanzo beans in the cabinet they were in need of some use. Here is a quick recipe for you.







Garlicky Hummus

Ingredients

  • About two cups of Garbanzo beans (You can use the ones in a can or cook your own)
  • A handful of fresh Parsley
  • 1/3 cup of Safflower Oil
  • 1/2 cup of Lemon Juice
  • About 6 cloves of garlic (I like a lot of garlic but you can use less) 
Place all these ingredients in your blendtec (hit the dip button) or in your blender and mix until your desired consistency. If you want a creamier texture add more liquid.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...