Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Native Foods!

While my friend Traci was visiting from out of town we took a trip to the beach and basked in the sun for a little while. After the beach I drug her to Native Foods, which is a place I've been dying to go to for weeks. Native Foods was founded in 1994 by Chef Tanya Petrovna. They have locations all over California and now they even have two spots in Chicago. Their menu ranges from burgers and fries to salads and earth bowls (bowls full of brown rice or quinoa with vegetables and meat substitutes on top). They just recently started doing happy hour Fridays, which includes half off their appetizers, beer and wine from 3-6pm. Traci and I order a few appetizers just to start. For drinks we tried the lavender lemonade, which I'll admit I was afraid to try at first, because I love the smell of lavender but I wasn't sure if I wanted to drink it, but I got over my neuroses and dived in. It was so bomb! So scrumptious and refreshing, I seriously have to figure out the recipe for this delicious lemonade. I've been kind of slackin on my pictures because I've been so distracted by eating all the food before I take pictures of it.lol Check out the video below to actually see the yummy food.



Unfortunately, I was so hungry that I forgot to take before pictures, so all I have is the after math.lol

As if we weren't stuffed enough we decided to order a burger to take home. This is their Oklahoma Bacon CheeseburgerOur thinly sliced Native Original Seitan, melted cheddar, caramelized onions, and crispy Native Bacon on a bun slathered with BBQ sauce and ranch dressing, romaine, carrots, onions, and tomato. Topped with crunchy battered dill pickle chips.  

Yum!

Fried pickle chips. 


Fries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...