Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Brown rice stuffed mushrooms!

I couldn't wait to get my CSA box today, because I knew there would be some lovely mushrooms waiting for me...and who doesn't love a good mushroom???...well, there are probably some of you that don't. Anyway, I decided I wanted to whip up some stuffed mushrooms and I planned on using my mom's recipe but to my dismay I had no stuffing. So, instead I made some brown rice and substituted that in. Once I get some stuffing I will post that recipe as well. Here ya go!

Brown Rice Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients
Mushrooms (I used the ones from my csa box. You can use any mushrooms)
Brown Rice
Panko Bread Crumbs
Onions (I used the chapollini from my csa box. You can use any onions)
Green Onions (CSA box)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pepper
Salt
Veggie Bouillon Cube
Lemon (CSA box)
Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)

Directions
I cooked about 1 cup of brown rice in a rice cooker with 1/2 of a bouillon cube and two cups of water. While that cooked I washed the mushrooms and took off the stems. I put the mushrooms in a bowl, salt and peppered them, added some evoo, and tossed them until they were all covered. I chopped the onions (green & chapollini). When the rice finished I dumped it into a bowl with the onions, some evoo, pepper, red pepper flakes, and panko bread crumbs. I mixed all of the ingredients together well and stuffed the mushrooms. I placed the stuffed mushrooms onto a baking sheet with parchment paper...placed them into a 375 degree preheated oven and let them bake for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes I took them out and used the juice from the lemon to sprinkle on top and placed them back into the oven for about 4 minutes and Ta-da! Finished and ready to eat!








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...