Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Home made Sushi!

I've been craving sushi for a while. It's been months since I've been to Shojin, my favorite vegan sushi place. It's not because I haven't wanted to. I'm salivating right now just thinking about their dynamite roll, but I've either haven't had someone to go with or lack of funds. So, yesterday, the hubby and I decided to pick up a few things from Whole Foods and make our own sushi at home. Yum! It was so scrumptious and oh so easy to make. It almost made me not miss Shojin...almost.

Some brown rice noodle soup to start. 

Sticky brown rice.

I pickled some carrots and cucumbers in some rice vinegar for a few hours. I also added some Sophie's Kitchen shrimp and avocado on top. 


Some organic Shoyu for dipping. I like to squeeze lime juice in mine. 

Veggie Pot-stickers. 
So, next time you're craving sushi and you're on a budget, just make it yourself! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...