Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Have you seen this film???

I checked out this film called Fat Sick & Nearly Dead tonight and I thought it was incredible. It was recommended to me by someone who tried a vegan lifestyle for a short while, but decided it was not for them. They did, however, really enjoy this film and thought, since I am vegan I should give it a look. I should also point out that in the few weeks that I've shared about my vegan lifestyle with this person they've told me that they have tried veggie meat and have cut back on animal meat, which I think is super amazing! Anytime you decide to take out meat, dairy, and eggs out of your diet you are one step closer to better health and giving animals a chance at a decent life.

Back to the film...It's a documentary about this man named Joe, who is from Australia, very rich, overweight, and very sick. After seeing quite a few doctors and taking tons of medication he decides to treat himself by going on a 60 day juice fast. He starts his journey in New York and then decides to go cross country. Along the way he faces food temptation, interviews people about their health and eating habits, and gets people to try his cool juice (out of his juicer which he has charged up in the back of his car).

But after the 60 days is over, Joe realizes that his journey is not over. On one of his stops he met a man named Phil, who is severely overweight and oddly enough has the same condition Joe has. Joe offered Phil some juice, advice, and help if he ever needed it. Well, once Joe is nice and settled back in Australia he gets a phone call from Phil asking for help. I don't want to spoil too much of the film so I'll stop here.

If you haven't seen it yet PLEASE watch it. It's so inspiring and encourages people to not only change their own health for the better but to always remember to pay it forward. I feel like this is one of the reason why I love blogging and doing videos, because I can't keep all this good health to myself. Sometimes people need others to show them the way. If no one showed me I can't imagine how unhealthy I would be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...