Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Crock Pot Cooking - Collard Greens!

Flavorful smells of greens and spices permeate my apartment and my stomach growls in anticipation of the foodie goodness that awaits me. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I haven't done much cooking with my crock pot. I remember my mom putting together all sorts of delicious combinations of food and spices, throwing them into her crock pot, letting them slow cook, and then sitting down to a delightful dinner. Recently I've gotten really excited to use mine more and come up with new ways to slow cook some yummy flavor into my veggies, grains, and beans. Check out my collard greens below.



Collard Greens in my Crock Pot.

I added some water, a veggie bullion cube, pepper, garlic powder, and a little bit of red pepper flakes.



 I let these slow cook for about 10 hours and I freezed the rest so I can heat them up for Thanksgiving. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...