Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Vegan Power Cakes & New Shoes!

Hey guys! Last night's workout was brutal for my arms! I did the Bodyrock "Set It Off" Resistance Training Routine with the hubby last night and we were both dying by the time we finished. I love workouts that really push you and it's always nice to have someone there motivating you to push harder (even though I think I did most of the motivating...but I don't mind :-P). Here's the link: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2012/01/11/day-3-week-2-of-the-30-day-challenge-wild-ones-workout/. If you don't have a gym membership or have one but can't find the time, check out Bodyrock.tv and Toneitup.com. I can not stress enough how amazing these workout hosts are. They train you right in your home for FREE! And they really kick your butt too!lol

This morning I had Zumba class! So much fun every time I go. This class is always packed because we all love sweating and having a good time while dancing and losing weight. I try to go every week but sometimes I can't make it. I had a bowl of my favorite quinoa cereal before class because I knew I would be getting out too late for breakfast.


After the gym and errands I headed home to try my hand at making a Power Cake. This awesome chick named Kasey makes these power cakes which remind me of protein pancakes but a little more edgy.lol...I don't know if healthy pancakes can be considered edgy, but you have to check out her site to see what I'm talking about. Anyway, I've been wanting to make some for a while but she uses egg whites to make them and that's a no no in the world of veganism, so I asked her if she was planning on making a vegan version anytime soon and she said she was working on it. Me, being the impatient person that I am couldn't wait to taste one of these amazing looking powercakes, so I tried to veganize it myself. My first attempt was pretty bad. I'd show you but I threw them out.lol I used egg replacer from the box and for some reason it just did not come out right. So, last night I remembered that Tone It Up uses silken tofu in their protein pancakes. I also checked out one of my vegan cook books for ways to replace eggs. After the gym I stopped by Whole Foods (or as some say "Whole Paycheck") and picked up some silken tofu. I brought up the recipe for her Carrot Cake Power Cake and got to work. Here is the recipe:


WHIP 4 Egg Whites (I used ½ a tub of Organic Silken Tofu & 1 Whole Banana mashed)
Then fold in:
2 TB Ground Flax
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 TB Coconut Flour
(sub protein powder or other flour)
1 Grated Carrot
2 TSP Baking Powder
Cinnamon/Ginger/Cloves
Vanilla
Stevia
(or other sweetener)
Spoon the mix onto a pan & SPRAY the pan. (I used parchment paper)
Bake @ 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes!


Vegan Carrot Cake Power Cakes. 

Topped with Protein Frosting (Vanilla Protein Powder w/water)

And last but not least, some yummy chia jam. Check the Power Cake link for the recipe. 

Nom nom nom
This came out so much better than the last batch. I think it definitely helped adding in the mashed banana. It gave it a more creamy texture. The Protein Powder Frosting was good but a little too sweet for me, so maybe I'll just stick with the chia jam as my topping. As a whole this was definitely a yummy treat for an after workout meal. I paired it with half a grapefruit.

Oh, before I forget...I got some new trainers to show you!
Nike Free TR Fit Winter Shoes

I've been in desperate need for some new workout shoes...and when I saw these I fell in love! Once I saw one of the Bodyrock host wearing the exact ones I wanted (same color too!), it was like a sign. These pretty blue babies were delivered to me on Friday and they're even more amazing than I thought they would be. They're so light and comfortable. My feet thank me after every workout. :-)

For lunch I had a Tone It Up black bean patty with brown rice, tomatoes, and avocado. I had half a whole wheat pita bread with a small dollop of hummus.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...