Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Asian Cuisine Night!

I've been craving seaweed salad all week! I know that's a random thing to crave but my taste buds are just strange sometimes. I found an easy recipe for seaweed salad online and decided to make some on Saturday. I figured that if I was going to make seaweed salad I might as well make some sushi, and hey, "why not throw in some spring rolls as well?"...mmm spring rolls. I never made spring rolls before so that was another recipe I went digging around online to find. With recipes in hand, I gathered some ingredients, and attempted to make some delicious vegan goodness. I started with the seaweed salad (which took no time at all), and then I moved on to making the spring rolls, my husband worked on the sushi while I finished up with some vegan pot stickers. OMG! Everything was so good!lol I know I'm tooting my own horn, but it was seriously one scrumptious dinner. I made enough spring rolls to last me, my husband, and roommate for a week and they were practically demolished. I think there might be a few scraps left.lol Here are some pics:

Here is the filling for the spring rolls.

Some sea weed salad.

Getting ready to wrap the spring roll.

Yummy finished product.

Okay, so this was supposed to be pot-stickers, but I had a mishap, which resulted in pot-sticker mash.  

Sushi w/Gardein "chick'n"

Spring roll w/sweet & sour sauce. 
Hope these pics make you as hungry as I am right now.lol Try a new recipe tonight! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...