Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Check out my video and watch how I make this amazing recipe that even a non-vegan will love!






Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup sugar
2 cups whole wheat flour
*I used Trader Joe's white whole wheat baking flour
1/2 cup maple syrup
baking powder: use 1 1/2-2 tsp, or 1 Tbsp for fluffier cookies
1 tsp pink sea salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup vegan buttery spread, softened
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1 cup raw walnut pieces/whole
1/4 tsp cayenne
2-5 Tbsp water (to soften dough if needed)
**since brands differ, use your own discretion to evaluate when the dough is at a right consistency.

Tools: Parchment paper, large mixing bowl, spoon, freezer, oven.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Steph. :) I like your blog. Great idea, nice colors, and the koala is adorable!
    Seems you are quite a bit more 'on it' than I am. I have been neglecting my blog terribly. Even so, I'd still like you to take a peek at mine and tell me what you think.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lactose intollerance has gotten even more sensitive, so I just baked these for Thanksgiving. Sooooo yummy! Best part is (besides the yummy taste of the cookies) is you can lick the bowl and not think about how you are licking raw eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Jen! I'm so glad you liked the recipe. :-) Yep, licking the bowl is the best part!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...