Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Vegan BBQ! Yum!

So, I attended the vegan barbecue event hosted by Figueroa Produce and Plant Food for People. Figueroa Produce had a menu full of Match Meat goodness and Plant Food for People served up their Jackfruit (carnita) tacos. Yum is all I have to say. I've been dying to try these infamous jackfruit tacos and find out if they taste as good as they look. Well, they do! I tried all five different toppings and each one was as delicious as the others. I was so stuffed half way through eating these things and was very grateful to have my husband's help finishing them off. We made our way over to Figueroa Produce's side and my husband ordered a Hak Burger which includes daiya cheese and bacon. I took a bite and nearly drooled on myself. They also had samples of their very scrumptious Match Meat stuffed chicken. Drinks were served outside in a cooler or inside the store. There was limited seating but other people seemed find standing. It was very hot outside so we didn't stay long, but overall, the event was very nice and I look forward to their next one.












This was my favorite!



Burgers on the grill.






Crab cakes. 

Stuffed Chicken.







Hak Burger. 



Hak Burger: Match Meat Burger patty seasoned with salt and pepper on vegan bun with  HAK'S BBQ Sauce, with Vegan Bacon and Daiya Cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All of that looked pretty great. Felt like an episode of Top Chef, because I wanted to eat everything I saw! Kudos to you Stephanie for adding your voice to the world of veganism!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...