Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ooey Gooey Cheesy Pizza!

As I watched my husband and friend scarf down some home made pizza (non-vegan) I realized that I just couldn't take watching them any longer. They offered of course and I declined but I really wanted to partake in some cheesy goodness. It was too late to order from the place that I usually get vegan pizza from, so I suffered in silence and had something else for dinner.

The next day I made a trip to Whole Foods and decided that enough was enough...I was going to have some delicious pizza and no one was going to stop me! I know I sound crazy but I just really wanted some pizza. Anyway, I picked up some ingredients:

Pizza sauce
Whole Foods ready made pizza crust (wheat)
Mozzarella & Cheddar Cheese (Daiya is really yummy or you could use follow your heart)
Mushrooms
Garlic
Vegan Parmesan Cheese (It's kind of expensive at whole foods, so if you can find it online, it might be cheaper).
Cornmeal
Olive Oil
A little sprinkle of red pepper flakes

*I actually already had some of the ingredients at home.

I used a recipe I found on the Healthy Happy Life blog.

 Out of the oven:




 

One down, one more to go. This pizza was so delicious! The crust was just right, the flavor or the mushrooms and garlic were scrumptious, and the cheese was so creamy. Yum! I'm definitely glad I didn't order from the pizza place and I think from now on I'll make my own pizza. My husband (non-vegan) even enjoyed it and couldn't stop talking about how creamy the cheese was. If you're ever in the mood for some yummy vegan pizza please check out this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...