Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Newbie

I'm new to this blogging world but I'm very excited to now be a part of it. I began my vegan journey a few months ago and it's been an amazing change in my life. I never in my life thought that I would give up eggs, dairy, cheese, and meat (well, most meat...I still eat some fish sometimes). So, I guess that would make me mostly vegan. I'll let you know when I get rid of the fish and dive into being a full vegan. I began my vegan journey a few months ago and it's been an amazing change in my life. I never in my life thought that I would give up eggs, dairy, cheese, and meat (well, most meat...I still eat some fish sometimes). So, I guess that would make me mostly vegan. I'll let you know when I get rid of the fish and dive into being a full vegan. 

Unfortunately, I'm on this voyage alone. My husband and the rest of my family still eat meat and dairy. That is why I want to share my journey with the vegan flirts, the new vegans, and the old, and I hope that we can share yummy recipes, restaurant experiences, and vegan friendly advice. :-)


  This is what I like to call "Everything Soup" because I put just about everything in it!

-Vegetable Broth (I use Pacific Natural Foods: Organic Vegetable Broth with low sodium)
-Water
-Carrots
-Red Onions
-Garlic
-A little Organic Shoyu
-Wakame ( A type of Seaweed)
-Broccoli
-Kale
-Mushrooms
-And Rice Noodles
Yum!

I saute the onions, garlic, and carrots first with a little olive oil. I add in the broth and some water, bring to a boil, and then simmer. I put in a little shoyu and some wakame. After a few more minutes I throw in the kale, broccoli, mushrooms, and rice noodles. Simmer a little longer and then eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...