Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Healthy Vegan & Gluten Free Pizza

Hey guys! I have a delicious pizza recipe for you and it's completely gluten free. I got the recipe from Damy Health. It's a cauliflower pizza crust, using just a few simple ingredients. Amy, the owner of the site, makes wonderful clean and healthy recipes, and most of them are vegan and gluten free. The original recipe isn't vegan, but you know that has never stopped me from making a dish. So, I made some tweaks. If you click the link it will take you to the site to show you how to prepare the cauliflower and the crust: http://www.damyhealth.com/2011/03/the-secret-life-of-cauliflower/

To make it vegan I used 1/4 cup of ground flax seed and 2-3 tablespoons of water instead of eggs. I used daiya cheese instead of mozzarella cheese to mix in with the crust and I used teese cheese on top of the pizza.
Here is the finished product:

This is definitely a yummy dish. I was surprised at how well the cauliflower turned out. I will have to make some more tweaks though. Next time I'll bake the crust without the daiya cheese. It took too long to melt, so the crust came out gooeyer than I wanted and I think I'll shred the teese cheese instead of slicing pieces. But, overall I really enjoyed this pizza and I will be making this again soon! Give it a try and let me know what you think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...