Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Garlic Meatless Meatballs In Tomato Sauce


I found these meatless meatballs at whole foods the other day and I decided to give them a try. I usually don't use any "meatballs" when I make pasta but it doesn't hurt to mix things up every now and then. On the Bodyrock.tv website they have an amazing tomato sauce that I've been meaning to try, so it was only natural that the two would go together (especially since they used meatballs in their recipe). I had to veganize it but it was so delicious that I'm sure non-vegans won't be missing any meat or dairy with this dish.

Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/10/25/garlic-meat-balls-in-tomato-sauce/.

Garlic Meatless Meatballs in Tomato Sauce


Ingredients:
-8 tomatoes (I only had one fresh one and I used 1 can of organic diced tomatoes)
-1 large red onion
-fresh basil (I had to use dried basil)
-parmesan (I used vegan)
-1 tsp paprika
-1 tsp cumin
-pepper
-extra virgin olive oil (I used a little coconut oil)
-honey (I used agave)
-1 cup chicken broth (I used low-sodium veggie bouillon cube w/1 cup hot water)
-8 cloves garlic
-sour cream (I used follow your heart vegan sour cream)
-vegan meatballs (You can use meatless grounds, match meat, or the meatless meatballs I used from whole foods)



Try and make your own version of this and let me know how it comes out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...